Reading Comprehension Strategies – This 10-part unit contains everything you need to teach specific reading comprehension strategies to your students.
Each of the 10 strategies contains:
– An introduction page describing the purpose of using the strategy with whole-group practice. You can use this page as a mini-lesson
– A more in-depth practice page that you can use for independent practice or an assessment
– A writing activity for the students to practice applying the strategy in their own writing
– A generic graphic organizer to use with ANY book (or with the reading comprehension passage I provided)
– A reading passage that emphasizes the strategy students are learning about
– Comprehension questions to use with the reading passage. The questions help reinforce the strategy they are focusing on.
– A cover page for if you’d like to bundle all the pages for each strategy into a packet
– Answer Keys
The following is a list of each reading strategy covered in this product:
– Compare and Contrast
– Main Idea and Detail
– Making Connections
– Cause and Effect
Please download the preview for a larger view of the thumbnails.
- Total Pages 68 student pages + answer keys
- Answer Key N/A
- Teaching Duration N/A
There are no reviews yet.