Do you want your students to learn about animals, but are overwhelmed with finding thorough reading passages? This animal research unit provides you with everything your students need to develop a solid foundation as they dig deep and learn about each animal group and other animal-related topics.
Included pages are:
- Animal Needs passage, word search, true/false, short answer, picture sort
- Mammals passage, fill in the blank, matching, word search
- Birds passage, parts of a bird, facts about birds, crossword puzzle, matching
- Amphibians passage, frog life cycle, true/false, amphibian facts, crossword puzzle
- Fish passage, matching, strange fish, word search
- Reptiles passage, fill in the blank, reptile group facts, word search
- Insects passage, label an insect, crossword puzzle, butterfly life cycle
- Food Chain passage, matching, diagram, create a food chain
- Adaptations passage, graphic organizer, crossword puzzle, vocabulary
- Migration passage, graphic organizer, picture/description match, comprehension
- Defenses passage, types of defenses, camouflage, word search
- Homes and Shelters passage, word search, picture/description match
- Endangered and Extinct passage, graphic organizer, true/false, crossword puzzle, read the room
- Hibernation passage, KWL, word search, short answer
- Lab – How does fur help animals?
- Lab – Why do birds have different shaped beaks?
- Animal Flip Book Project – tab book, instructions page, rubric
- 12 posters
- 24 task cards
For reading passages, graphic organizers, and comprehension activities on specific animals, check out my EXPLORING ANIMALS units!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Amanda B. says, “This is PERFECT for our science animal unit in 3rd grade in Ohio. I love supplementing science in reading too so your HUGE pack of animal passages has helped tremendously also. My students are loving all the animal info. We are growing our schema daily and loving it! Thanks again.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Gina S. says, “These were perfect readers to go along with my science unit on animal groups. These were easy to decode for some of my students and they felt confident filling in the chart at the bottom. They were able to comprehend and learn factual information from these packets.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Colleen D. says, “My students loved these articles! We used them as we conducted research for a Science/ELA integrated lesson!”
- Total Pages 120 pages
- Answer Key N/A
- Teaching Duration N/A